Totally lost and confused

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 09:38:46 EDT 2001

Hi, stable is the last stable version.  Currently, it is potato.
You probably don't need to actually go to there ftp sight.  Apt will do those
things for you.
How are you planning to install?  I'm still learning, but you can write
me off list, at kennyhitt at yahoo.com or call
(256) 533-0870.  I installed with boot floppies and then let
Debian finish from the internet.  If you plan to install from CD,
you should download the CD immages from the speakup sight and not from
the Debian sight.  As long as you make sure you install the kernel you
booted from, the rest is explained best in the manual.  The manual is on
line at
www.debian.org/doc

Oopse, almost forgot, don't let the install program configure your keyboard.

          Kenny