new install rh 7.1

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Tue Sep 18 23:05:27 EDT 2001

Hi,

Ok, I now have rh 7.1 installed on my second drive and installed the lilo boot loader.  I lavelled /dev/hda win since that is my windows drive and /dev/hdb redhat since that is where redhat is installed.
How do I get it to boot using speakup as I had to type it in when I rebooted, that is I had to type on the command line
redhat speakup_synth=ltlk
and it came up talking.
can I get this lilo screen to either talk or beep so I know it is ready for me to make a selection.  also I would like to be able to type r for redhat and w for windows and have it boot in to that os.

After I get this fixed, then it will be back to configuring the other stuff such as fetchmail and mutt.

if anyone knows of another email client that works well with speakup becides pine and mutt I'm all ears.