Slackware 8.0 partitioning tools.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Sep 17 10:01:40 EDT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Gordon Smith wrote:
> Hello.  Under Slackware, I can only see the primary controllers, and not
> the ATA100.  I am told they aren't supported under Slackware, at least with
> the standard kernel.  Which explains why it can't see the drives, but SuSE
> can.  My motherboard is specifically supported under SuSE.

You have several choices which probably won't change anytime soon. One
would be to create your own boot disk for slackware. Another is to
compile speakup into your kernel for your curent install of suse. Those
would be the easy choices, with the latter being the most pain free. If
you are looking for some m$ tech to give you the easy answer, you will be
sorely disappointed.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.