Slackware 8.0 partitioning tools.

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Sun Sep 16 05:02:23 EDT 2001

Hello there Gordan,

This is Saqib Shaikh; I wrote the Speakup documentation that comes with
Slackware.  Firstly I agree that SuSE did something very good by including a
braille screen reader within their distribution.  However, there are a few
points to bear in mind:
1.  You have 7 CDs and a DVD but there is only half a CD of console apps!
Most of the extra stuff, like VMWare demo, StarOffice, RealPlayer, Adobe
Acrobat and the list goes on, are only accessible through X.  I still think
SuSE is a good distro, but also remember that SuSE started off as Slackware
with RPM support, and then they began adding lots of X stuff.  In short
Slackware is good especially to start off with.  In terms of partitioning
your hard disk have you tried:
cfdisk /dev/hdc
That is pass the disk name as a parameter.
Email again if you require further info.

Saqib