Slackware 8.0 partitioning tools.

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Sep 16 10:04:34 EDT 2001

If you can find the config file the sus kernel uses you can patch the
kernel with speakup and use makoldconfig to use your existing sus kernel
options.  The only thing the config script would stop for is to ask about
speakup and what you would end up with is a kernel that works in sus as
well as having speakup in it.
I suggest downloading the checkout script to get the latest cvs patch the
put it in /usr/src/linux and typing ./checkout.  Now you willhave speakup
source patched into the kernel.  When you have the kernel source type:

make mrproper

then copy your old config file to /usr/src/linux/.config

now type

make oldconfig

Now all the sus specific kernel options will be taken from the existing
config file and the config script will pause to ask you if you want
speakup.  say yes and y for any synth you want.  once this is done type

make dep
make bzImage  * note the acpital I in bzImage **

Write if you need more help on this.  Compiling a kernel the first time
can be intimidating but once you have done it over and over again you get
used to it.

hth.

--- Raul A. Gallegos mailto:raul at asmodean.net http://www.asmodean.net
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...