Slackware 8.0 partitioning tools.

Gordon Smith gordon at tft-bbs.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 09:13:24 EDT 2001

Hi.

At 07:35 16/09/01 -0400, Frank Carmickle said:
>Well Gordon your gonna have to do what I did on my first day of using any
>sort of unix and compile your own kernel.  I know it's jumping in head
>first but if that's what you want your going to have to do it.  Personally
>my experiences with suse slackware redhat caldera corel and turbo have all
>lead me to use debian.  Enough of the distro war though.  Unfortunately
>there aren't any people on this list using suse so were probably not going
>to be much help.
Well if I can work out how to compile the kernel, I'd have a go.  As
another list member suggested, Slackware isn't seeing my second controller,
and of course, the additional hard drives either.  So, that seems to rule
it out - unless I can find a way to shrink my Windows partition on drive 1,
without destroying the data.

>Let me know if you need any help.  I'd be glad to give you a hand.

It would be good if you can point me in the direction of some place to
start looking into kernel compilation.  I have the document I got from the
Speakup site, but it assumes some kernel building experience, of which I
have none.

Kind regards, Gordon Smith.

"mailto:Gordon Smith <gordon at tft-bbs.co.uk"
"mailto:Gordon Smith <07932634539 at one2one.net"