install complete, but boot disk don't work

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Wed Sep 5 18:44:19 EDT 2001

Ok, I got speach, but it goes for a bit and stops.  I do have speech but the strange thing now is it is looking at /deb/hda7 I have no hda7.  I have everything on hdb and redhat set this all up itself.
Here is what it setup
hdb1 is a small partision, not sure what this is
hdb2 is the root and largest partision
hdb3 is the swap

On the boot disk there is a syslinux.cfg file.  here is the contants below.
default linux
prompt 1
display boot.msg
timeout 100
label linux
	kernel vmlinuz
	append initrd=initrd.img root=/dev/hdb2

Should there be more
to install the system I used the following bat file
loadlin autoboot\vmlinuz initrd=autoboot\initrd.img text devfs=nomount speakup_synth=ltlk text

I noticed the mistake of having to 'text' keywords. don't think that would hurt.