kernel ramdisk problem

Nick Gawronski nick6 at ev1.net
Mon Oct 22 17:45:31 EDT 2001

      Hi, I am trying to make a kernel with speakup witch lets me load
compressed root floppy disks like installation root disks in to a ram disk
like slackware 8.0.  I am using kernel 2.4.10 and have ramdisk, ramdisk
initrd, ext2, msdos, fat, vfat, umsdos, ext2, iso9660 and all of the
standerd stuff in a rescue disk kernel.  My root disk works with the
slackware boot disk but I want to build my own kernel with the speakup cut
and paste features which the slackware boot disk does not have.  When I
boot this kernel and the root device is set on /dev/fd0 it panics with
vfs, unable to mount root fs on 02:00.  What could I be doing wrong to
cause this when the slackware boot disk works but mine does not?  bye

--
http://users2.ev1.net/~nick6
Home of Chihuahua Radio, the internet radio station that I run.