DSL Providors

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Oct 20 16:40:17 EDT 2001

Janina, Thanks for the tips.  So far speakeasy.net looks like the
leading isp I'll end up going with.  I spoke to a rep and he didn't
frown upon me mentioning Linux.  Only thing I was not too pleased with
is the prices.  $49.95/mo for dynamic IP plus $10.00/mo more for a
static bridged ip.  Also, the installation if done via the self-install
kit is $99.00 after rebate which means I must pay $249.99 at front.  The
downloads speads I'm elligable for are 608 kbps down and 128 kbps up.
Again, not what I'm hoping ofor at that price...  If nothing else
presents itself I'll go with them if not for the pirce at least for
their rep.

Janina Sajka said the following on Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 11:27:25AM -0400:
> Hi, Raul:
>
> While my email address doesn't reflect it, I am a satisfied speakeasy
> customer. My advice is to look no further.
>
> First of all, speakeasy explicitly supports linux clients. They even have
> linux specific HOWTO files on their help pages.
>
> You can certainly get static IP from speakeasy. I have several, actually.
>
> The provisioning process was fully accessible. I was able to fill out the
> order form online, and I was able to set up daily notifications of
> progress on my order via email.

--- Raul A. Gallegos mailto:raul at asmodean.net http://www.asmodean.net
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell