DSL Providors

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Oct 20 17:10:03 EDT 2001

Hi, Raul:

Yes, I went round and round on similar issues. I think it comes down to
you pay for quality. Speakeasy seems to be quality.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:

> Janina, Thanks for the tips.  So far speakeasy.net looks like the
> leading isp I'll end up going with.  I spoke to a rep and he didn't
> frown upon me mentioning Linux.  Only thing I was not too pleased with
> is the prices.  $49.95/mo for dynamic IP plus $10.00/mo more for a
> static bridged ip.  Also, the installation if done via the self-install
> kit is $99.00 after rebate which means I must pay $249.99 at front.  The
> downloads speads I'm elligable for are 608 kbps down and 128 kbps up.
> Again, not what I'm hoping ofor at that price...  If nothing else
> presents itself I'll go with them if not for the pirce at least for
> their rep.
>
> Janina Sajka said the following on Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 11:27:25AM -0400:
> > Hi, Raul:
> >
> > While my email address doesn't reflect it, I am a satisfied speakeasy
> > customer. My advice is to look no further.
> >
> > First of all, speakeasy explicitly supports linux clients. They even have
> > linux specific HOWTO files on their help pages.
> >
> > You can certainly get static IP from speakeasy. I have several, actually.
> >
> > The provisioning process was fully accessible. I was able to fill out the
> > order form online, and I was able to set up daily notifications of
> > progress on my order via email.
>
> --- Raul A. Gallegos mailto:raul at asmodean.net http://www.asmodean.net
> For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
> something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
> We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp