kernel

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Oct 20 11:18:12 EDT 2001

Kenny Hitt said the following on Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 09:13:41AM -0500:
> Also, I found the kernel-package program made compiling and installing a
> new Kernel a whole lot easier.  You can install it by typing
> apt-get install kernel-package
> as root.

@What makes it easier by using this package?  I'm curious is all.  I
usually just do a make oldconfig after patching the new kernel using my
saved .config file, then make dep, make bzImage, move the kernel image
to it's appropriate place, make sure there is a kernel.old entry in
lilo.conf, lilo-v and reboot.  All those steps I can do in my sleep.

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell