Additional keymaps?

Raul A . Gallegos raul.a.gallegos at mail.sprint.com
Thu Oct 18 17:59:35 EDT 2001

I made one but it is for a GW Micro Vocal-Eyes/Window-Eyes lay-out so it
will not really help you in this case because it still uses the keypad.
I could make one similar to the old Vocal-Eyes though such as control-l
for current word, control-c for current character but that would
interfere with normal linux keys as you can tell.

It really is not bad designing your own keymap file.  the keymap
tutorial has a list of the hex codes and it is not as intimidating as it
looks at a glance.

tward at bright.net said the following on Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 05:22:27PM -0400:
> Hi, Kirk and all. I'm wondering if anyone else has developed other keymaps
> besides the one that ships with Speakup.
> One thing I have noticed is Speakup needs a laptop keymap. I have to take a
> ps2 numpad around to some classes in order to get access to the numpad keys,
> and it would be nice if some alternate keymaps could be created.
> I'd make them myself, but I am not familiar with hex codes, and keymap
> design.

Raul A. Gallegos -- Sprint BWG Systems Administration
Network Operations Center 9300 Metcalf Ave. Overland Park, KS 66212
Office:913/534.5603	PCS:913/488.3011
mailto:raul.a.gallegos at mail.sprint.com