Additional keymaps?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Oct 18 17:30:17 EDT 2001

Thomas:

Bill Acker has done a speakup keymap for his Toshiba laptop. I forget
exactly what's different. I believe he still has two control and alt keys,
so treats them differently--but I really don't remember.
 On Thu, 18 Oct
2001, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hi, Kirk and all. I'm wondering if anyone else has developed other keymaps
> besides the one that ships with Speakup.
> One thing I have noticed is Speakup needs a laptop keymap. I have to take a
> ps2 numpad around to some classes in order to get access to the numpad keys,
> and it would be nice if some alternate keymaps could be created.
> I'd make them myself, but I am not familiar with hex codes, and keymap
> design.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp