Cd database.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sat Oct 13 02:03:05 EDT 2001

Most drives don't support the reading of cd-text information
so you have to use the number of frames from beginning of cd to
calculate a disk ID you look up in database.
The details are of course on freedb.freedb.org along with some software
to serve out the database. Once the songs are
in mp3 files it is often too late to get info because you
loose the TOC information that was on the cd.

Regards, Kerry.
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 03:00:01PM -0500, Kirk Wood wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Chris Nestrud wrote:
> > The package abcde will, but it needs the actual cd's.
> > I think it uses the lengths of each track on a cd to match with the artist
> > and track information.
>
> That would be an interesting (and much harder) approach. Most such
> programs take the text info at the begining of the CD and use it to look
> up the info from CDDB.org's database. It would b so much easier that way.
>
> =======
> Kirk Wood
> Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net
>
> "When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
> a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
> 	- President George Bush

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547