a few things

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Oct 8 00:04:31 EDT 2001

I hear ocrshop works well not sure of the state of usb support for scanners
under Linux some go and some don't.
I thought openbook didn't like the 5200 too much; but they might have fixed that.
In the short term my recommendation is to run Windows 98 second edition for
all your scanning needs.
BTW vmware 3 lets jaws's software speech run in an emulated machine.

Regards, Kerry.
On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 05:53:50PM -0400, Deedra Waters wrote:
> Hi guys, I posted this a couple of days ago, but am really hoping I can
> get some help on this. I'm wondering if any of you can tell me, or have
> any ideas of scanner programs that would work with linux if there are any
> possibley similar to openbook If there are any, Do any of you  know how I
> can get my hp scanjet 5200c series scanner to run off of usb ports? I
> found a scanjet program type of thing off of the debian website, but it
> doesn't work with usb apparrently because it doesn't find the scanner.
>
>      One other thing... I'm having a little trouble trying to get my
> printer working with linux, I've got usb enabled in the kernel, but for
> some reason I can't get the printer to print, when I try to print it sends
> it, but apparrently the printer isn't receiving it. if anyone has
> suggestions with this I'd really appreciate it...

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547