Rewriting sendmail rules?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Oct 7 10:24:48 EDT 2001

Without getting into a big long deal here, look in the sendmail.mc file,
the m4 source you are starting with and set the MASQUERADE_AS macro. Put
your desired address inside the parens.

Let me give you what I'm using here.
--------- begin file ----------
include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`linux for smtp-only setup')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(holmesgrown.com)
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

I also see that I have a file called sendmail.cw which is referenced by
the `use_cw` line above. it contains:
holmesgrown.com
lnx1

I forgot what I was doing exactly with this but I think it had to do with
enabling me to send mail to other users on my local machine without going
out on the net to do it. Lnx1 is the name given to my machine here.

Note: Your mileage will vary. HTH <Steve>