A new Speakup Toy

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Oct 6 19:15:57 EDT 2001

Sorry for the attachment to the list, but I just created a little hack I
welcome you all to play with. This is a configuration program to change
the speech parameters on the fly with speakup. While it is running, you
can use the arrow keys to change the rate pitch volume and tone and hear
the results as you go. Upon exiting the program, these new values will
remain in effect.

I'm sure this program will evolve to include synthesiser specific options
if there is further interest. I figured this to be a good start. Have fun
with it and let me know what you all think.

I developed this with a Speakout so don't know if I covered all the others
generically or not.

C Ya.
<Steve> Holmes

steve at holmesgrown.com