Rewriting sendmail rules?

Doug Lawlor dlawlor at roadrunner.nf.net
Sat Oct 6 17:45:13 EDT 2001

Hello list, I am trying to rewrite the sendmail rules to present my correct
email address when a message is sent to the ISP.  I took a look at the
address rewriting mini howto on how to do this at
<http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html> but I
get the following error when I hash the aliases file using newaliases.

# newaliases
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 43: unknown configuration line "
"

I took a look at the 'sendmail.mc' file but can not find anything
wrong.  The m4 macro processor does not give me any complaints.  I have
included the file below.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Doug

<begin sendmail.mc>
include(/usr/src/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4)
VERSIONID(`linux for smtp-only setup')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)
define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases')
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')
define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.roadrunner.nf.net')
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)