Redhat 7.0 assistance

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed Oct 3 10:44:40 EDT 2001

Hi Michael,
I would try typing:
text speakup_synth==txprt

I have successfully run a Transport Classic in the past.
If that still doesn't work try:
text speakup_synth=txprt speakup_ser=0
That should bring up an installation disk.  You will need a CDROM that
actually has the Linux distribution you intend to use.  Make sure that
your installation disk matches the distribution you are trying to
install from the CDROM.

As for dual system installation, I'll leave that to others.  There are
many Linux books, some of them available electronically.  A good place
to start looking is at: http://www.linuxdoc.org.

       Jim Wantz