typing ascii chars above 127 with speakup

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:03:13 EDT 2001

Hi all. I have some stuff I need to write in spanish and I need to type
several accented chars but cannot figure out how to generate them with
speakup running. Normally I would use alt and a three number code from the
keypad for these chars. If anyone knows of a work arround for this besides
me having to figure out how to write a new keymap I would appreciate it.
Oh by the way the editors I can use for this are pico, nano, emacs, or
joe. Thanks.