User Interface Issues

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 3 10:21:53 EDT 2001

Hi Steve:  Personally, I would recommend ncurses for your interface.
Web apps are fine but they do not give you the same control you have
with good ol' ncurses.

I believe a personal check book/finance package would be a great
project.  I suggest your review what is available first so you don't
end up writing something which may already be available with a lot
less work on your part.

The individual man pages for the ncurses functions are the best source
of specific information.  Curses.3 is a general overview and there are
individual pages for most of the functions.  There is also a library
package called cdk which stands for curses development kit which
provides some higher level functions and good documentation.  Of
course looking through some simple code is the best way to see how the
functions are used in real life.

good luck.
  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061