User Interface Issues

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 3 10:04:19 EDT 2001

I'm thinking about writing a personal checkbook program for Linux. What
I'm curious about is what kind of interface would be most appropriate for
a bunch of blind people out there like myself. I'm leaning towards a
curses style interface - mainly for the check register but using a web
browser for the front end sounds interesting too. The only bad thing about
a web based application is that's a lot of overhead for a single user
environment - CGI scripts, Apache and all that. What do you all think?

If I go the curses route, I would be interested in some good jump start
instruction to get the most out of it. Some of the examples I've seen so
far kinda overwelme me since I've been used to hand-holders such as Visual
Basic:). Where might one find some good curses training/instruction?