software speech for speakup

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed May 16 16:23:44 EDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Victor Tsaran wrote:
> Guys, you all perfectly understand that there is no way to have Speakup use
> software synthesizer from the very start of the machine. So, why this
> discussion at all?

The discussion isn't about having speech from start of boot through the
sound card. The discussion is about having the option of using sound for
speech synthesis at all. I think the discussion allready acknowledged that
it would have to wait till later in the boot process.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.