a speak_freely question

Shaun Oliver shauno at sgtnet.com.au
Mon Mar 26 09:12:22 EST 2001

actually, it's more pertenant to say that you connect to their i/p address.
thus paving the way for you to convers one on one with the person in
question.
for instance, let's say you want to connect to your friend in sydney
australia
if you know their ip address for this argument we'll use the ip
202.139.185.77
what you do is open a conection as you normally would but instead of putting
the location of an lwl server, you put the ip 202.139.185.77
and make sure that you are both using the same port whether it be 2074 or
4074 or whatever other ports r used by speak freely.
the same principal applies in netmeeting and other such applications that
require ip addresses for communication purposes.
other packages like firetalk etc require u to have an identification number
not dissimilar to a phone number.
I hope this helps..
Shaun..