a speak_freely question

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Mon Mar 26 12:26:36 EST 2001

Actually, the ifconfig command will give you your own current I/P address.
Just look at the entry for the PPP connection you are using.  Example: ppp0.
You could construct a script that filters the output of the ifconfig command
soonly the ip address is shown; thus you could stick it in a variable or
whatever you want.