qualified success

Bruce Noblick bnoblick at columbus.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 23:58:07 EST 2001

Hi all:

I finally got Debian to begin the install process by making a DOS boot diskette and running the Debian install automatically from it.  I looked at the partitions on the hard drive and found that there are three partitions.  That won't allow me to set up a linux boot and swap partition.  In addition, I have some concerns about splitting the large partition.  I think I saw a message here about installing a second hard drive with some kind of switch as an option rather than splitting an existing drive.  I meant to save it but apparently I did not.  I also know that I will have some other issues relating to the NIC card as well.  The install process does not seem to find it.  The machine is a Compaq presario tower style machine.  In windows, the item I find an item in the network adapters section for an Accton EN1207d.  Will I be further ahead to get a different card or can I get the necessary drivers to run this card.

Thanks much for ideas.

Enjoy!
Bruce