installing linux via network.

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Wed Mar 14 00:19:09 EST 2001

If Slackware's past behavior is any indication, I suspect that you
won't see kernel 2.4 until 7.3 or 8.0 (depending on how they decide to
number their next revision or two). They seem to be somewhat, shall we
say, conservative in their adoption of the next major kernel
release. I think, though couldn't swear, that Slackware was the
second-to-last to adopt the 2.2 kernel. Debian was the only distro
that I canthink of that took longer...although I think that this was
for different reasons. When Slackware 4.0 came out, I believe
2.2-enabled distros had been out for quite some time, and it took
until the next revision after that for Slack to migrate to
glibc2.1. So they're rather conservative like that, but on the other
hand, far as I can tell, it's a nice, solid distro, and I must say I
like it quite a lot. (I started with Slack--now run Debian, although I
don't really have any problem with Slack.)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind