installing linux via network.

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Mar 14 00:11:15 EST 2001

Hi Steve
There were some scheduling problems with 2.2.18.  It's just kind of
slow.  It gets stuck doing some stuff for some reason.  Redrawing the
screen is quite a bit slower.  Fortunately from what I can tell with out
having done some major testing it looks like 2.4.2 is much better about
this then any of the kernels since 2.2.16.  Just my observations.  Yes I
did notice that slackware hasn't moved the development trees to 2.4
yet.  I sure hope they do.

     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com