wait a minute

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Mar 4 15:57:00 EST 2001

Hello Chuck Janina and all

Janina I don't think that is the answer at all.  First of all what mailer
are you using Janina?  Chuck you are using sendmail correct?

in your sendmail.cf 'in slack 7.1 now in /etc/mail' previously in /etc
make sure that
Cwlocalhost
#Dj
CP.
DS"your-isp's-smtpserver"

This is the real ticket.  It should work so that your sendmail gathers
mail for you localy and delivers it to the smart host with out
bouncing.  In theory this works.  I actually did this for six months when
I was using dialup.  This should allow you to have a different hostname in
your /etc/HOSTNAME file then what you actually would have when
connected.  Janina's situation is a little funny.  Because your ISP blocks
port 25 you have to change your smarthost 'DS' evrytime you change from
uu.net dialup to being connected in the office.  Not fun at all!  Right at
this moment I can't think of a way around this.  Blame the people who
block the damn ports.  What bastards!

CO @ %
C..
C[[

For the most par these should work for you.  There may be a few other
things I am missing but for now this is all I can see that will make this
work.

HTH
Frank

     Frank Carmickle