wait a minute

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Mar 4 15:07:09 EST 2001

Try sending a message to root. If that works, specifying users in class l
shgould work too.

The more I think about this, the more I think defining a hostname--a fully
qualified hostname is the real answer.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:

> Ummm - not so fast. Using Pine to send local mail via sendmail seemed to
> work fine at first, but in fact it only worked if I was connected to my
> ISP. The mail did not go to my ISP, or if it did it came right back
> without fetchmail, but I had to be connected for it to work anyway. When I
> forced a hangup and did not activate demand dialing, my local mail thing
> with pine failed. So - back to the drawing boards.
> Chuck
>

> My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
> The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (69% of Full)

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

janina at afb.net
(202) 408-8175
http://www.afb.org/gov.html

The invention of the printing press has been named the crowning achievment
of the past millenium. Yet, electronic publishing will soon eclipse it.
Read our White Paper: "Surpassing Gutenberg" available at:

	http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Are you developing software? Make it accessible to blind computer users.
Read http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html to learn how.