FAQ gally2: Speakup Versions

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 17 11:35:35 EDT 2001

I think the business of speakup versions needs to be a little clearer. We
mention that the current version is 0.10. Then, a few paragraphs below, we
mention version 0.10a. So, the chickens come home to roost on poorly
chosen numbering schemes--but that's not what I want to talk about ...

The poine in the faq needs to be clear guidance. Ann, this is really very
excellent so far, but I think it's important to say something up front
such as:

"There are two current versions of speakup. Which one you should use
depends on what linux kernel version you have. To find out, issue this
command:

	uname -a

If your kernel version is less than ... etc.
If it's greater than, ... etc.