Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Jun 16 08:56:49 EDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Kirk Wood wrote:

> The moral of the story is that Macroslop has decided users don't know what
> they want. Therefore they will decide. They will leave a few things in to
> make those who foolishly believe they know what they are doing think the
> OS is under control. Meanwhile Macroslop will still decide how things
> should be done.

My windows box runs win95.  This self righteous presumption is bad enough
there, but struck me as being more and more prevalent in later windows
versions, thus my reason for not upgrading.  Now that I use linux 95% of
the time, I don't miss it a bit.  This single aspect of microsoft's
operations shits me more than probably any other.  This along with their
rediculous market share gives them the power to do whatever they happen to
think is a good idea, and the average computer user just wears it.  That's
just so wrong.

Geoff.