Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Jun 16 06:17:55 EDT 2001

For those who live exclusively in a Linux environment, the distinction
between text mode and binary mode transfers is often irrelevant. When
maintaining my web site I transfer everything in binary mode, because I do
not use the DOS/Windows newline conventions in any of my text files, so I
do not want the ^m changed to ^A^M or vice versa. Viva La Binary!