compiling alsa drivers.

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Jun 4 10:04:20 EDT 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Sound support doesn't have to be a module, it can be compiled in (mine is).
> You want sound support but don't select any cards.
>
> I don't know what the latest on the alsa 0.9 tree is.

0.9 is a moving target.  It is going to be excellent when it is finished
however.

> I also don't know about kernel 2.4.x compatibility.  Unless there's been
> any major improvements lately, I'd probably recommend getting 0.5.11 or
> whatever the latest in the 0.5.x tree is.  Comments Frank or anyone
> using 2.4?

2.4.2 did not work well with 0.5.10b.  Although this bug seemed to be
fixed when using 2.4.3 and 0.5.10b.  But everyone should be using 2.4.4 or
later seeing as how 2.4.3 was extremely problematic.  I am currently using
2.4.4 with 0.5.11.  I'll update to 2.4.5 here shortly.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com