compiling alsa drivers.

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Jun 4 02:44:49 EDT 2001

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> No kernel compiles if you specified sound
> card support as modules. If not, then have fun recompiling.

Sound support doesn't have to be a module, it can be compiled in (mine is).
You want sound support but don't select any cards.

I don't know what the latest on the alsa 0.9 tree is.  I also don't know
about kernel 2.4.x compatibility.  Unless there's been any major
improvements lately, I'd probably recommend getting 0.5.11 or whatever the
latest in the 0.5.x tree is.  Comments Frank or anyone using 2.4?

Geoff.