slackware is first again

Joshua Lambert jlambert at shellyeah.org
Sun Jun 3 12:07:38 EDT 2001

It's official.  Slackware is now officially supporting speakup thanks to
Raul calecos. (probably not spelling his last name correctly.)  For now,
the 2.2 kernels are supported, now if we can get the 2.4s to work.  This
makes Slackware the first of the big distros to have screen access from
bootup to shutdown.  Cudos also to Matt Cambel for getting zipspeak
together.  That showed us that speakup could really work in a distro.
Um, if you can't already tell, I'm excited.
Cheers,
Joshua Lambert