compiling alsa drivers.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sun Jun 3 22:38:28 EDT 2001

No kernel compiles if you specified sound
card support as modules. If not, then have fun recompiling.
As for the alsa stuff, get the alsa drivers, lib, and utils from
 the alsa site.
The README file in each package explains how to compile it.
First, do the drivers, then the libs, then the utils.
I should tell you though that I'm using ossfree myself.
Greg