thought sending output from arecord to tape drive would work, but it doesn't

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Mon Feb 19 17:35:19 EST 2001

I figured that with the tape, it's removable, so I could record on as many
of them as I need, especially if I run the recording through the lame mp3
encoder, I could store many hours per tape, and put the tapes in any other
system I dig up another of the same type of drive for. I suppose the micro
solutions external drives will work if I need them in multiple machines, at
least what I heard somewhere.