thought sending output from arecord to tape drive would work, but it doesn't

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Feb 19 15:52:08 EST 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Brent Harding wrote:
> Oh, I suppose CD burners are like that too, at least mine, the instructions
> say it needs a constant stream of data coming to it via the USB port, so
> recording live might not work, if I let too much silence get in. I wonder
> if buffering programs might work?

Again you really don't want to try this. There are some packet writting
programs for winblows, but I don't know about Linux. All the same, you
loose a lot of space when using packet writting software. With the size of
a hard drive today I can't understand why you would be concerned about
recording to the drive then transfering to CD. To buy a new drive taht is
so small as to make this a problem would cost more then buying a 20GB
drive with loads of space.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.