just a few more questions about linux.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Feb 1 08:23:33 EST 2001

Shaun,

Charles gave a good synopsis of the situation. I just thought I would add
that actually in Linux you have fewer commands but they work better (in my
opinion). For example in DOS you have move and ren (rename). Both of these
functions are contained in the Linux (Unix) command mv. You just move the
file to another name.

There are additional tricks to learn along the way. One big one is that
Linux uses forward slashes for the directories. But you can drop two
directories and move to another in that level in one command like
"cd ../../new". Personally after going through some learning curve I find
I like the command line environment much more in Linux.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.