OT: Audio CD's with DAO Under Linux?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Wed Dec 26 20:17:20 EST 2001

You see different values because cdrdao must scan for pregaps
by itself. when you say crc errors I presume you mean
the message about 5000 q-subchannels with crc errors;
that is normal. You could try generic-mmc-raw to see if it gives you better results
but I have found that creative drives aren't good at index/pregap scanning.
cdrdao works well for me; I use v1.1.3 with my hardware but 1.1.5 is out.
You can set up the config file for v1.1.5 to stop you having to specify
the --driver and --device options on each run or do what I did and write a 1-line
copycd shellscript.
Over all I found cdrdao to work well for me.

Regards, Kerry.

Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au