Major problem with Speakup.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Aug 17 00:28:00 EDT 2001

I'm not sure what state your system is in.  If you already installed the
2.4.3-12 RPMs from Red Hat, you can do.  rpm -Uv
kernel-2.4.3-12.athlon.rpm --force --ignorearch
Then run lilo by typing lilo at a shell prompt.  You should see something
like: "added linux*".  If you have the original 2.4.2-2 kernel, you should
also download the kernel-headers, kernel-doc, kernel-source, and devfsd
packages.  BTW, I hope you really have an athlon.  If not, download the
correct version of the kernel i386, i586, or i686.  Only the kernel itself
will have designations other than i386.  The dock, headers, and source
packages are labeled i386 only.  If you're upgrading from the 2.4.2-2
kernel, you'll need to edit /etc/lilo.conf in order to change the line that
says: image=vmlinuz-2.4.2-2.  It should now read image=vmlinuz-2.4.3-12.

          HTH.
          Bill