Major problem with Speakup.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Thu Aug 16 22:40:26 EDT 2001

I had to do this with a machine in whcich
the modem wasn't working, but I've fixed that since.
Hopefully, you'll be able to adapt it to the hardware you have available to you,
and you hopefully have some Linux box that can connect to the net.
If you don't, then you can ignore the rest of this since it will not help you.
I created an ext2 filesystem on the 4th partition of a zip disk.
I then untared the kernel source on to a directory on that disk.
I created a link /usr/src/linux to that directory on the zip.
I then ran the checkout script.
I then took the disk over to the modemless machine,
and transfered the source tree from the disk to /usr/src/linux
on the machine.
Then, just compile like you would normally.
Of course, don't forget to run mkfs.msdos on the 4th
partition of that zip disk if you want to run it
with DOS.
Hope this helps you some how.
Greg