Major problem with Speakup.

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Thu Aug 16 18:18:53 EDT 2001

Ok, this helps, and doesn't help. The computer in question does not have a
connection to the internet, and won't have one.
How can I just get the current cvs, and apply it with out having to strip
the computer apart, install a modem, setup a internet connection, apply the
cvs, and then take the modem back out, and put it back in the machine I took
it from.
Why can't Kirk or someone put the cvs patches somewhere where I can download
the latestSpeakup, already patched, and patch the kernel from that?
Why does this have to be so hard. The way it looks to me I will have to blow
away another machine just to make a dumb kernel for a machine that has been
a stand alone Linux box.
I relize this might be an unusual situation, but I don't use Linux as my
primary operating system, and thus it doesn't get all of the attention
others would put into it. However, I have to get these cvs patches without
going through heck to apply them.
Also the person I am making the kernel for wants to have the Speakup source
with the current CVS applied, and so far I see nothing like that.
Ok, any help from here would be vary welcome. Thanks, and please help me out
with this one.