patch hunk failed

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed Apr 25 23:34:13 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Shaun Oliver wrote:

> ok I wasn't there. but bear in mind geoff I'm running 2.2.16 of the linux
> kernel tree..
> is there a way I can upgrade it?

ah...Ok, well if you're trying to compile speakup 0.10A then you'll need to
upgrade it.  If you have a clean source tree, you can get update patches
from kernel.org.  You'll need to get the patch to go from 2.2.16 to 2.2.17
and then 2.2.17 to 2.2.18.  I believe 2.2.19 is now out, but I haven't
gotten it yet.  Alternately, you could just suck down the new kernle source
tree in its entirety.  I've never used the version patches, but I know
others here have.

Geoff.