burning CD's in linux

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Apr 16 08:57:59 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Victor Tsaran wrote:
> While on the subject...
> Do we have the same issues under Linux when burning CD's as we do in WIndows?
> I mean in particular, unavailabnility of the OS for other tasks while burning
> the CD...

I have never experianced this problem under either system. Older CD
burners running on older hardware had the problem because the hardware was
the real limitation. But if you have a reasonably new burner (less then
three years old) and a reasonable new system (P2 with 64 MB minimum) you
should have no problems doing work while burning. I have only caused a
buffer underrun once in nearly three years.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.