burning CD's in linux

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Mon Apr 16 17:28:44 EDT 2001

Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet under Linux (not enough time and
maybe too chicken), but the howto claims that as long as your hard drive
isn't doing any *intensive* work, you can do other stuff while burning the
CD unlike with windows packet mastering software. The howto claims you can
browse the net and even compile a kernel without a problem on a fast
machine.
Greg