Distro discusion

Gene Collins collins at gene3.cc.iastate.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:24:44 EDT 2000

Kirk, http://www.linuxdoc.org/ is your documentation friend!  There are
very explicit howtos out there for hardware and various software.
Debian also follows the Sys V. init style.  The thing I find most
helpful about Debian is that the apt-get installation program manages
software dependentcies for you very nicely.  If you upgrade gcc for
example, apt-get will also upgrade the appropriate libraries.

Gene