NIC...

Terry D. Cudney tcudney at home.com
Tue Sep 12 22:30:35 EDT 2000

Hi,
	Question re compiling kernel with speakup:

	1- If you've compiled a kernel with all the modules/speakup/etc that you want and then you want to compile another kernel with speakup for a different synth in it, what is the shortest/quickest way to change that one item in the configuration? 'make oldconfig' will only prompt for new items that weren't in the previous configuration.  Is there a way to make that one change without going through the whole 'make config' list? Has anyone edited the .config file? even though it says in the file itself not to?

	What is the procedure to build a speakup 'rescue, root, drivers, etc' disk set for installation with speaku and Debian? I downloaded the disks from ftp.braille.uwo.ca (file date Aug 28' but, at least the Dec Talk Express' disk didn't talk when I booted it on my system. I've been using my littalk for a while now, mostly for assistance in long reading passages, but now my vision has deteriorated to the point where I've just turned the monitor off and go with Speakup. So, here we go with a new installation on another machine, 'eyes-free'!
Any help/suggestions you guys can make are most welcome.

--
		--terry

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at wasagacottage.com
WWW:	www.wasagacottage.com
Postal:	18 Colbeck Drive, WELLAND, ON L3C 5B5