NIC...

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Sep 14 07:32:36 EDT 2000

Hi Terry: I will the the boot disks to someone else, there are quite a
few ways to do that. The one I use is to dd a kernel to a floppy and
just let it boot from the regular stuff on the hard drive.  I do that
because most when I fuck things up it's from recompiling kernels.

As far as changing a configuration, I edit the .config file and delete
all of the speakup lines.  I then run make dep and make bzImage to
recompile the important things.  You have to be careful because you
can really fuck up things.  I changed a synth yesterday and now the
box I was using has no networking.  I haven't hunted that down yet.
You must do a make oldconfig and you will just get prompted for the
speakup stuff.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061